четверг, 4 августа 2011 г.

Spaghetti alla vodka

Sometimes I want macaroni. Certainly in the sauce, certainly in the creamy one, with flakes of aromatic Parmesan and sweet-scented basil. If I want something very much I'll exactly do it. While pasta is being cooked (by the way, almost by itself) I'm making the sauce - there is a big area for experiments - mix them quickly and then ... then the moment for which everything was planned comes.
When I tasted macaroni cooked according to the recipe which I'll tell you later about I compared myself with Julia Roberts's heroine in the film "Eat, pray, love". Do you remember how appetizingly she ate spaghetti in one of Italian restaurants? With pieces of ripe tomatoes, basil leaves, moreover generously sprinkled with cheese, it looked incredibly appetizing. Like the heroine I twisted macaroni on the fork and enjoy my helping with sense.  I don't know the reason of my wild gastronomic delight: great appetite or the fact that I haven't eaten macaroni for years. Or may be it's connected with secret ingredient which I added to the sauce? However I got real pleasure. "Every molecule of my being was full of happiness" - the heroine would tell this if she tasted my macaroni.

Spaghetti alla vodka

We need:

100 g spaghetti
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 big tomato or preserved tomato puree
basil, salt and pepper - to your taste
30 g vodka
70 ml heavy cream (33%)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese - optional
a bunch of parsley

Process:

1. Cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add minced garlic and cooked, stirring, about 2 minutes.
3. Remove tomato skin, cut tomatoes into small pieces or make puree. Add tomatoes to the garlic, cook on the low heat about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper, add basil.
4. Add the vodka and heavy cream and mix quickly. Add pasta, remove the pan from the heat and wait until the pasta absorbs some of the sauce, 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and parsley.


Important: don't eat macaroni immediately after mixing pasta and sauce. Pasta should absorb the aroma of sauce. Wait for 2-3 minutes - and your pains will be rewarded!


Enjoy!


And for snack!

 
Russian:

Spaghetti alla vodka

Понадобится:

100 г спагетти
1−2 зубчика чеснока
оливковое масло
1 большой томат или пюре из консервированных помидор
базилик, соль, перец по вкусу
30 г водки
70 мл жирных сливок
Тертый пармезан − опционально
зелень петрушки

Приготовление:

1. Отварить спагетти так, как указано на упаковке.
2. Разогреть в сковороде оливковое масло, обжарить мелко порезанный чеснок.
3. С помидор снять кожицу, порезать кубиками или размять в пюре. Добавить томаты к чесноку, тушить на слабом огне 5 минут. Посолить, поперчить, добавить мелко порезанный базилик.
4. Влить водку и сливки и быстро перемешать. Добавить к соусу макароны, выключить огонь и дать постоять под закрытой крышкой 2−3 минуты.
5. При подаче посыпать макароны пармезаном и зеленью петрушки.

Самое главное, не кушайте блюдо сразу же после того, как смешаете макароны и соус. Паста должна пропитаться ароматами соуса. Подождите 2−3 минуты − и ваши старания будут вознаграждены!

Приятного аппетита!

 

8 комментариев:

  1. how you have made a plate of spaghetti look basically PRETTY is beyond me! this looks absolutely divine, ive been wanting to try penne/pasta alla vodka for a while and your recipe just looks too wonderful to ignore. Beautifulbeautiful photos :)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Thank you so much! I'll be glad if you like the pasta. It's really delicious :)))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. That's a great tip about not digging into the pasta right away. It's hard to wait, but it's so worth it to allow the noodles to continue to absorb the lovely sauce.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. Thanks! You're right. It's a bit difficult especially if you're starving but it's worth waiting for some time :))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. I've actually never had pasta with vodka before, but your pictures looks so yummy that I just might try it later for lunch!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  6. I hope you'll like it! It's aroma, creamy and so tasty. Thank you!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  7. красивоо...а на какой объектив снято?

    ОтветитьУдалить